Wireless Internet problems

Sck007

Hello I recently installed an Encore Electronics 802.11n Wireless PCI Adapter card into my computer. However I have been having problems with my internet connection. My wireless connection says that I am connected to the internet via IPv4 with limited IPv6 connectivity.

But when I go on the internet whether through Firefox 3, IE 7, or other applications I get error messages. In Firefox: Connection Interrupted. Network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please Try Again. In Pidgin: Lost connection with server, Connection interrupted by other software on your computer.

My wireless connection goes from local + internet to just local. When its local the network is noted as Unidentified network.

I tried disabling the windows firewall but that had no effect.

Specs:

Cyberpower, Inc. PC
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @2.33GHz
NIVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
4 GB (2GBx2) DDR 2
500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD
Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Encore ENLWI-N 802.11n PCI Adapter.

My Computer

It isn't necessary to disable Windows Firewall.

And I'm not to sure either since I use a Belkin Router in my house.
Ok, so are you sure that Adapter Cards work fine without anything else? If so, read the manual that came with it. That'll give you more help than what we can actually do.

My Computer

It isn't necessary to disable Windows Firewall.

And I'm not to sure either since I use a Belkin Router in my house.
Ok, so are you sure that Adapter Cards work fine without anything else? If so, read the manual that came with it. That'll give you more help than what we can actually do.

hello:

---I also bought a Belkin-router 2/mths ago and could NOT connect at all even trying a hundred times (it seemed)---finally I phoned the 1-800-number for the router (in India); and the person was extremely helpful, step by step over the phone - set up the main pc + the laptop!---(i thanked him a millionz)---
---please post your results---

computer.jpg

peace

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    eMachines D620 (laptop)
    CPU
    AMD Athlon Processor 2650e 1.60GHz
    Motherboard
    ACPI x86-based PC
    Memory